Monday, April 5, 2010

How far will YOU go to avoid Joe Morgan's commentary?

Okay, that was exciting... I'm listening to the Yanks-Sox in Spanish via Gameday Audio. No, I don't speak a word of Spanish, but nevertheless this is far more enjoyable than Joe Morgan. The call of Granderson's home run was especially fun (possibly because Mr. Granderson is on my fantasy team). Not that I knew what the announcer said, but he said it well.


FYI, I did the same thing for World Cup 2006. I entered the room with some (American) friends to watch the US game, and an Argentinian had the Spanish broadcast on. She offered to switch, and every one of us said, emphatically, "NO!" We all preferred to hear knowledgable, experienced, and properly trained broadcasters in a different language than random ignorant American play-by-play man who's trying his best with random-veteran-of-1994 USA team who has no ability on air but got the job anyway.

That's today's rant. Back to grading ray diagrams.

No comments: