Monday, May 5, 2008

Ribbie Reporter -- Punching Doors

Yes, sometimes the Royals make me frustrated. There are days -- fewer this year than in years past -- when I just want to punch something after the Royals cough up an easy lead or fail to drive in a runner from third with one out. But at least the Royals have never made me so frustrated that I broke my hand. The same can't be said for pitcher John Bale, who is rehabbing from the mysterious "dead arm" ailment (what the heck does that mean? does all your skin turn black and die like you have gangrene?).
In any event, Mr. Bale, after a rehab session Friday afternoon, went back to his hotel room and punched a door. The Kansas City Star had full details:
http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/604981.html
The hand is broken, meaning Mr. Bale, who has seen AAA call-up Luke Hochevar pitch quite well in Bale's rotation slot, will get to stay in the bigs while Mr. Bale waits for his hand to heal.
Sigh.

I apologize for not posting in the last few weeks... I still have some thoughts saved up from my trip to Nicaragua, and last week was eaten up by a rain-soaked weekend calling two Washington and Lee games in their D-III conference tournament (we went from up 3-1 to down 13-3 in the first game, and 12 hours later had a 5-1 lead, our two best pitchers fresh and ready to go, only to blow the lead twice once in the 8th and once in the 9th -- before losing in the 12th). Assuming I don't get frustrated during the Royals' homestand, and assuming I don't punch any doors, I'll try to post again later this week.
Until then, keep the faith and hope that the Royals can finally learn how to score some runs.

--The Ribbie Reporter

No comments: